Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Pressure's On

The pressure is on now. I've known for a long while that I wanted and needed to blog, but I've resisted. As it turns out, though, resistance was futile. So here I am - twittered and blogged.

About me, and why I want to blog. I'm a writer. A published writer - short stories and a novel. I love to write. I always have a pen and paper with me. And I carry a small purse-sized notebook that I create for each book I write, and in which I jot plotting notes, remembered loose ends, and ideas for future books. I haven't yet gotten to the point of carrying my computer with me everywhere, but I've been tempted.

Have you wondered if we graduate from being a writer to being an author because we find an agent and publisher? Or is it that writers write non-fiction while authors write fiction? What to call ourselves? Writers or authors?

Whew. I'm glad the first blog is done. Now I can relax and enjoy the blogging experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment